UPPSC Combined Upper Subordinate Services Selection Process: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission’s (UPPSC) Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Selection process details are given below….
Selection Procedure: Selection of the candidates would depend on their performance in a competitive examination, which comprises of three successive states viz.
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice).
2. Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination).
3. Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
1. Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers. The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations. Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
2. Main Examination: Only such candidates will be admitted to the main (written examination) who are declared successful in the preliminary examination. The Written examination will consist of compulsory and optional subjects. The candidates have to select any two subjects from the list of optional subjects for the main examination. Each optional subject will consist of two papers. There shall be Two sections in all the question papers of all Optional subjects and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select a minimum, Two questions from each section. The Timing of the examination paper of 3 hours i.e. 9.30 am to 12.30 pm & 2 pm to 5 pm.
3. Personality Test (Viva-voce) Test: Only such candidates will be called for interviews who are declared successful on the basis of the main (written) examination. A personality test will be conducted for 100 Marks. The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression of power/personality and general suitability for the service. It is essential for the candidates to appear in the interview who qualify on the basis of the main examination under the provisions laid down in Service Rules for service of recruitment where written examination and interview are indicated.