It is anticipated that the NDA (II) exam notification will be announced in June. The written part of NDA(I) 2022 exam has been held on 10th April 2022. This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). NDA (I) and NDA (II) are national level entrance examinations conducted twice a year. Successfully clearing the NDA Exam allows candidates to apply for the Army, Air Force and Navy. A candidate after clearing the NDA entrance exam appears for SSB interview. For more details about NDA (II) Exam 2022, please read the complete article.
NDA 2nd Exam Date 2022
|Date of notification||09 June 2022|
|Starting of application form||09 June 2022|
|Last date to submit an application form||29 June 2022|
|Availability of admit card||2 weeks before the examination|
|Exam dates||14 November 2022|
|Declaration of result||In the month of November 2022|
NDA (II) 2022 Application Form
NDA (II) 2022 Application Form will be released by the Union Public Service Commission in June. More details are below:
- You can apply online for the NDA (II) 2022 through the UPSC website: Click here
- There are two parts to the registration form, namely Part 1 and Part 2.
- Applicants are required to provide their general information in Part 1.
- For Part 2, applicants submit their scanned photographs and signatures and select their exam, as well as pay the application fee.
- The application form should contain all the required information and details.
- The photos should be in JPG format with a size of between 3Kb and 40Kb and 1Kb to 40Kb for the signature.
- No changes will be made after the UPSC NDA (II) application form is submitted.
- You must take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
Applications Fees for NDA (II) 2022
- There is a fee of Rs. 100/- for general category candidates.
- Reserved category candidates do not need to pay an application fee (SC/ST candidates/sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs listed in Note 2 below, who are exempt from payment of application fees).
- You may pay your fees via Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- You can also pay the application fee in cash through a SBI Bank Challan.
Eligibility Criteria for The NDA (II) 2022
In the table below, you will find the eligibility criteria for NDA 2022 ( Phase-2 ).
Candidates from Tibet permanently settled in India before 01 January 1962.
|Age||Should lie Before 02 July 2001 and not after 01 July 2004 (Part 1)
Should lie before 02 January 2002 and not after 01 July 2005 (Part 2)
|Gender and marital status||Only unmarried candidates
No female candidates
|Qualifying exam||Passed or appeared 12th or equivalent class from any recognized board|
|Subjects||Must clear the qualifying exam with Physics and Mathematics (For Air Force and Naval of NDA (I) and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy).|
Qualification Criteria for NDA
The National Defense Academy’s Eligibility Criteria can be found below. The eligibility criteria cited here are from the Indian Army’s official recruitment website: Click here
|Age Criteria||As per UPSC notification|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy|
|Application to be Received by||As per UPSC notification|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||January and July|
|Training Academy||NDA (II), Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training||3 Yrs at NDA (I) and 1 Yr at IMA(For Army cadets)/
03 Yrs at NDA (I) and 1 Yr at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA (I) and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
Following is a Table Listing The NDA Phase (2) Exam Pattern
|NDA (II) Question Paper Format|
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode (Pen-paper mode).|
|Duration of Exam||The two and half hour [for each paper]|
|Type of Question||Objective Type Questions|
|Number of Papers||NDA (I) will be conducted in two papers, i.e, Mathematics & General Ability|
|Maximum Marks||900 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.33% marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
Subject Wise Weightage
|General Ability||02||600||2.5 hrs.|
NDA (II) 2022 Exam Pattern
Syllabus for NDA II 2022
NDA (II) consists of general ability, English and mathematics subjects as its core curriculum. On average, the 10th class syllabus will form the basis of the NDA (II) syllabus. Those who wish to achieve high marks should prepare according to the syllabus.
- Mathematics: Algebra, trigonometry, matrices and determination, integral calculus and differential equations, statistics and probability, vector algebra, differential calculus, analytical geometry of two and three dimensions, etc.
- English: Syllabus will be prepared from the grammar and usage, vocabulary, and language comprehension.
- Physics: Physical properties and state of matter, force and momentum, properties of the magnet, work, power and energy, reflection and refraction, spherical mirror and lances, modes of transference of heat, change of state and latent heat, etc.
Admit Card for NDA II 2022
Below you will find details regarding the NDA 2022 admit card:
- An admit card for NDA (II) 2022 will be available three weeks before the examination.
- In the last week of August 2022, candidates can expect to receive their hall tickets.
- The official website is the only place to download admit cards.
- It is mandatory for candidates to bring their admit cards to the test center.
- After the exam, candidates should keep their hall tickets safe until the admission process is complete.
Answer Key for NDA (II) 2022
We will publish the answer key online.
- There will not be an official release of the answer key.
- Through the help of a marking scheme, the examinee can estimate their score based on their key answers.
- After paying a few amounts per question as determined by the authority, applicants who are not satisfied with the key will be given an opportunity to object.
- The authority will prepare the result based on the final key.
Results of the NDA II 2022
Results for NDA (II) 2022 are to be viewed online. Detailed information is given below:
- In the last week of September 2022, UPSC will release NDA (I) Results 2022
- Only the official website allows candidates to check their results online.
- Following the announcement of the NDA (I) results, selected candidates will be invited to participate in SSB interviews and training.
- It is necessary for students to take a printout of the results for future reference.
Process of SSB Interviews
Shortlisted candidates can only participate in SSB interviews once they have been shortlisted. Interviews are conducted by the Service Selection Board in two stages during the SSB interview process.
Phase I: Officer Intelligence Rating Tests, Picture Perception Tests, and Description Tests.
Phase 2: Interview, group testing officer task, psychology tests, and final conference.
NDA (II) Cut-off for 2022
Standard of qualification(II)rd/marks at the written stage and marks for the last candidate at the last stage of the examination in the order of merit. NDA (II) cut off marks are available on the official website.
|Minimum qualifying standard (II)rd/marks at the written stage (out of 900 marks)||Marks secured by the last candidate
in the Merit order (out of 1800 marks)
|258 (With at least 25% marks in each subject)||624|
Procedures for Selection ( SSB Interview )
- Following the written test, candidates must then proceed to the SSB interview round.
- Second, the NDA (II) SSB interview will be divided into two stages, i.e. stage 1 and stage 2.
- Stage 1 begins with the OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and the PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the OIR and PP & DT tests, candidates will be selected for stage 2.
- The second stage will also include interviews, tests for Testing Officers, psychology tests, and the conference.
- There will also be a four- to five-day interview round for the SSB.
- Candidate’s final step after being approved at SSB is to clear the medical exam.